ludington Offshore

A Great Place to ask questions about or share information concerning Baits, Tackle, Rods, Reels, Techniques, etc.
Bad Dog

ludington Offshore

Postby Bad Dog » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:31 am

This weekend is the Ludington Offshore tournament. The Detroit area Steelheaders will be represented by a handful of boats fishing fishing both the amateur and professional divisions. Salmon fishing has been slow along Lake Michigan's eastern shore. Some large Kings have been taken but the numbers are down. Most catches have been predominantly Lake Trout. Hopefully our club boats bring some big boxes to the scales. We'll have some reports to post shortly.

Bad Dog

Re: ludington Offshore

Postby Bad Dog » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Fishing was tough for most boats last weekend. Some big Kings were taken, but finding them was difficult. On Saturday I set up near the stick and only managed two fish. Sunday I set up in the four's and trolled north. We had two trout and four Kings, including a 22 and 21 pounder. The tournament was called after only three hours due to an approaching storm and they didn't weigh Sunday's fish. The biggest box on the Pro side was 105 pounds weighed by Sportsman charters out of Penwater. I heard he fished South of Pentwater near Little Sable. Almost Paradise had the fourth biggest fish weighed Saturday, it was 21.85 lbs. Lake Buzzard finished 12th out of 48 boats on the Am side. Silver Addiction had a second place finish in the Ladies event on Friday. I heard there were at least two 27 lb Kings caught Sunday before the tournament was canceled.