usernames

A place to report problems and offer suggestions related to the DAS Website - PLEASE START A NEW THREAD FOR EACH NEW PROBLEM OR SUGGESTION
Steve Hamilton

usernames

Postby Steve Hamilton » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:34 pm

I would like to have all users use their real names and not some 'handle' that cannot id them. Why should posters on our site have the need to have their identity hidden. I don't know who many post authors are:

Bad Dog I think is Tom Gorguze. Big MaMa,Tennesseekick31, Nightmoves etc.

I also have had to login back in within 10 minutes of being back on the site. Why didn't it remember me as I had that box marked?

Steve

Last Dime
Site Admin

Re: usernames

Postby Last Dime » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:53 pm

Steve,
I will see if it's possible to display user's real name. This might be a limitation of the message board software.
I will also look into your issue with having to login again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

BigMaMa

Postby BigMaMa » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:11 am

Valhalla

I don't understand, whats the big deal.

This is a FUN way to communicate and interact with your fellow fishing enthusiasts.

The handles that are used are a lot of times names of boats of the club members.

With all do respect spend more time at club events and the names will come naturally.

Don Mikros
BigMaMa

Adamwest

Postby Adamwest » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:26 pm

Well said Mama.

Certainly, if there is anything inappropriate posted or any other reason the true identify needs to be disclosed the site administrator can deal with it because the registered users are all known.

Also, this is not a closed system and if we wanted non-members to contact us we would probably just include or phone number in the post.

Have a great day!!
Adamwest (shhh, its a secret)

Steve Hamilton

Postby Steve Hamilton » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:32 am

Don,

I realize some handles are boat names. As I quit fishing tournaments over 20 years ago there is not much interaction with them. (Still think we should stop them and just have outings.) I did do Special People for its first 25 years. What's wrong with having posters identified by name?

Steve

Nitemoves

Postby Nitemoves » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Last dime I prefer to keep my username the way it is!!
I may be wrong but you probably can't post users real names without permission.