Metro West's description of the Manistee Challenge

This is where to post all things about the Angler of the Year (AOTY) Outings as well any other outings - River, Surf & Pier & Otherwise -held in the past.

Metro West's description of the Manistee Challenge

Postby Adamwest » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:20 pm

I clipped this information from the March news Letter of Metro West Club. I think it is very interesting.

On March 24th we will have our annual get together with the Detroit Area Steelheaders (DAS) for our Spring Steelhead Challenge!
As with the years in the past, things will pretty much be the same. Folks have the freedom to fish
where they please (pier, beach, river) regarding the “challenge” as we compete against the DAS.

Please note: no boats fishing below the Instalaunch RR bridge are eligible.

As for the Rules/Details: Overall Main MWS/DAS Challenge:

We will start at 6:00am, and come together for the weigh -in at 5:00pm.
The location will depend on where most anglers are fishing (river or beach/pier).
The weigh in location will be emailed the week of the event to all that RSVP.

A simple tally of total weight between the two clubs will determine the 2018 Spring Steelhead
Challenge winning club. Steelhead/Rainbows are the only eligible species.

Big Fish: For those that wish to participate, we will have a big fish pot with 100% payout to the
largest Steelhead by weight - regardless of whether it was river or beach/pier caught.
If you wish to be included in the big fish pot, please contact me no later than 12:00pm on 3/23.

Food details are being discussed, and will be emailed to those that RSVP. We will
either do a dinner at the weigh-in for a cost of $5-$10 each, or once we have all
had our gathering, head to one of the local restaurants for food.

Details to follow in email once I have heard from those that RSVP and have majority preference.
Please RSVP with me in writing either via email or text with the following details:

A) Headcount and names within your group (guests are welcome)
B) Location you plan to fish (Beach/Pier or River)
C) Whether or not you would like to participate in the Big Fish pot.
D) Whether you prefer a lunch at the weigh in for $5 -$10, or if you prefer to head to a local restaurant after the weigh in.

Hopefully that covers it all, and I hope to see many familiar faces, and hopefully a few new ones up on the Manistee!!!