Caseville Outing Sat. Dec.3

This is where to post all things about the Angler of the Year (AOTY) Outings as well any other outings - River, Surf & Pier & Otherwise -held in the past.
Last Dime
Site Admin

Caseville Outing Sat. Dec.3

Postby Last Dime » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:00 pm

Just wanted to put up a quick post on the great time I had at the Caseville outing this past Saturday. This was my first time making this event and I was pretty impressed by the fact that 30 people showed up; despite early reports of the lake trout not being there in great numbers because of the water being too warm. It started slow but there were at least 10 Lakers taken and another 3 or 4 lost. A lot better than everyone expected, I'm sure. Todd Ridley won the Big Fish Pool with a 9 lb. 2 oz Lake Trout; there were 19 members entered for a $95 pot. Congratulations, Todd.
Coordinator Blaise Pewinski put together a real nice hot lunch following the fishing at the Caseville Resort and Marina. Nice Job Blaise! And I want to thank Louis Blaze for letting us use the facility. There will be a complete report in the upcoming December Fishin' Tales that will be published on line this coming Thursday.
In the meantime, check out all the pictures in the Gallery on the Website. Thanks Chris Nytko for putting them there.

Bob Ksionzek

Aquarius

Re: Caseville Outing Sat. Dec.3

Postby Aquarius » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:53 pm

Caseville harbor finally dealt the DAS fishermen a great day of fishing. The day started with some bad reports of fishing, the lakers haven't showed up yet or the water wasn't cold enough to bring in the minnows. The DAS crew numbering 30 managed to land 9 trout with a few lost. The size ranged from 8 to 9.1 pounds. Our youngest angler, Carl Ventamiglia caught a beautiful 8 lbser. At the age of 6, all by himself. Way to go Carl Jr . Big fish of the day went to Todd Riddley with a 9.1 lb. Trout. After fishing we went to the Caseville resort for a great meal of elk stew and venison sloppy joes. Great time for every body that attended, hope we will do this event again. Thanks for coming! .... Blaise Pewinski
More photos are posted in our Photo Gallery. http://detroitsteelheaders.com/gallery.html
Weigh-In_Group_03.jpg
Weigh-In_Group_03.jpg (372.86 KiB) Viewed 1173 times