Non trolling schedule

This is where to post all things about the Angler of the Year (AOTY) Outings as well any other outings - River, Surf & Pier & Otherwise -held in the past.
Adamwest

Non trolling schedule

Postby Adamwest » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:20 am

Is there a tenative schedule of non-trolling tournements and outings for the year? If so, where can I see it.

Thanks,
Adam

Last Dime
Site Admin

Re: Non trolling schedule

Postby Last Dime » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Adam,
You can find what non trolling events are scheduled on the Tournaments/Events page under the Fall-Winter Tournaments/Outings button at the top of the page. This will be updated as future events become scheduled. This will include upcoming Spring outings.

Adamwest

Postby Adamwest » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:13 pm

Thanks for answering. I checked out the area you mentioned and I can see individual events posted but what I was hoping to find is a tenative schedule for the entire year. I was just dreaming of warm weather and fishing and would like some idea what the 2017 has to offer.

Thanks, Adam

Bad Dog

Postby Bad Dog » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:20 pm

I have a goal to put together a calendar but some of the outings aren't planned very far in advance. I'd like to at least get a list of upcoming events to hand out at meetings.

Vicki's Seacret

Postby Vicki's Seacret » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:13 am

Adam,
You got cabin fever already?
We hope to have a walleye outing on April 8, depending on weather / ice. Location TBD.
There is a Saginaw Bay walleye outing planned for July 8, at Linwood.
And a Lk Erie perch outing is planned for Sept. 23. Location TBD.

Stay tuned for updates as the season progresses.

Bob Feisel

Adamwest

Postby Adamwest » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:31 am

Thanks Tom I would appreciate being able to see a little further ahead.

Yes, Bob I am getting Cabin Fever. Usually, I can get out and fish the local pier or streams for Steelhead but this arctic weather one day and rainstorms /floods the next is making it difficult.

Also, I think I am starting to figure out why I am confused. I read Trolling Tournaments and Trolling Outings and didn't really see the difference. I saw the Trolling Outings in the recent Fishin Tales and I appreciate getting time to plan. After reading the 2017 Trolling Tournament Schedule I get that part. :D

I am most interested in the Outings (which are sometimes held during tournaments) that are geared towards Landlubbers. The schedule could be tentative maybe just the events listed according to month. I realize I may be the only one that desires this and am just curious if the information exists. I am aware of Higgins Lake Feb 11, Manistee Outing Tournament Metro West March 25th and Lakeside Brown Trout Tournament is April 29th. I got these dates from Metro West.

http://www.metroweststeelheaders.org/wp ... 017-01.pdf

I am also a little confused about the terminology. If we have an Outing that happens to coincide with an Official Tournament is that an outing or a tournament. If we have an Outing that is a Tournament between Metro West and DAS is that an outing or a tournament? and what if that coincides with an Official Tournament?

One more clarification. Is the section Heading "Trolling Tournaments & Outings" for Trolling Tournament and Trolling Outings information? Or is it either that take place during the summer?

There is also a section which I would expect to hold the Non trolling event (Outings or Tournaments) information : "Fall - Winter - Spring Tournaments & Outings" but I am not certain of that and there seems to be information posted that isn't consistent with that idea.

I am not complaining rather trying to understand where the information that I am interested in will be located. I started this wit hNon Trolling but now I think I would like to see a schedule of anything outside the Trolling Tournaments and / or Events that count trowards the AOY.

Thanks in advance for getting me straightened out,
Adam

Bad Dog

Postby Bad Dog » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Adam,
We are in the process of compiling a full list of outings planned for 2017. It should be completed later this month and appear in the March Fishin' Tails newsletter. Additional events might be added throughout the year, so it may not include every event. We are also preparing a full calendar of events to have available at general membership meetings. When we came up with the concept for an Angler of the Year award, we wanted to recognize individuals who participate in DAS events outside of our boat trolling tournaments. We want to keep the format and point system simple. We are open to improve the structure of AOY events. If anyone has recommendations on how we might improve outings, please feel free to share them here, or give me a call to discuss.

Adamwest

Postby Adamwest » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:49 am

That sounds great, Tom. Thanks for the call and the update.