Special Friends Outing 30th Anniversary Summary.

This is where all topics concerning the DAS Special People Outing - Past & Present can be found.
Aquarius

Special Friends Outing 30th Anniversary Summary.

Postby Aquarius » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:21 am

IMG_530512.jpg
IMG_530512.jpg (109.29 KiB) Viewed 62 times
Special Friends Outing 30th Anniversary
June 9, 2018 at Toledo Beach Marina

Dan Chisholm
Wind and rain combined to add an additional challenge to the 30th anniversary of the Detroit Steelheaders Special Friends outing. Challenges can be an obstacle, or they can just make for new ways to have fun and that’s the way the outing went this year. We had 25 Special Friend guests this year on 12 boats and everyone was able to fish and have a good time. Some of our boats came in a little early because of the wind and one boat (mine) only made it out of the harbor for a couple of hundred yards before I came back in, but we gave it a try anyway. All of our guests caught fish and the walleye harvest was not too bad considering the conditions.
There were a total of 25 bags of walleye that were taken home by guests thanks to the effort of our fish cleaning crew (thanks Don Mikros for organizing that). The Channing crew did not feel it was safe to be on the lake so we set our guests, Ellie and Charlie, up with some perch rigs and fished for pan fish right inside the marina off the docks. It was a good move because in no time they were hauling in perch, bass, rock bass, sunfish, bullhead, and bluegill. They were having so
much fun the noise attracted other event volunteers to come over from the tent just to watch. Like I said, challenges can be just a new way to have fun. One of the rewarding things about being involved in this outing is the pride of being part of a
team effort. It takes a lot of willing hands cooperating with each other to make this event successful. I will probably miss the effort of someone as I try to recognize all who help out but
please understand, your effort is appreciated.
Those who contributed to make this event successful
Boat Captains:
Blaise Pewinski (Sea Hag) Ray Johnson (Pullum Maior) Tom Gorguze (Bad Dog) Bob Jones(Bobby’sToy) Daniel Chisholm (Channing) Paul Gjeldum (Blue Horizon)
Andrew Stockton (Fish Hawk) Jose Angeles (Angel Casa) Stan Bilek (Blue Star) Jim Zanke (Hard Top N Tails) Paul Nowack (Nothin But Fun) Bob Feisel (Vicki’s Seacret)
Volunteers:
Don Mikros Mary Chisholm Rod Elnick Jim Govostes Mike Lolli Steve Prout Gaspare Aragona Danielle Chisholm Jon Martens Linda Banbury
Ray Banbury Brad Walton (There are others whom I don’t recall their name or don’t remember)
Thank you very much for giving up your time and talents.​
Event Sponsors:
Detroit Steelheaders
Toledo Beach Marina Cheryl and Don Jasman 11840 Toledo Beach Rd LaSalle, MI. 48145 734 243 3800

Jeff’s Bait and Tackle 1756 N. Dixie Hwy.Monroe Mi. 734 280 4901

Buscemis Party Shoppe 30360 Gratiot Ave Roseville Mi. 48066 586 294 4477

Walton Irrigation Waterford, MI. 248 681 0542

Auto Farm, Inc. 9375 Marine City Hwy Ira MI. 48023

Happy's Pizza 104 N. Gratiot Mt.Clemens Mi.

Cedar Wholesale Hydroponic Supply Store Your Indoor Growing Connect

Four Pointers Landscaping 586 863 2625
The Heart and Soul of the Event:
None of this matters or happens without the contributions of Linda Bredernitz and Mary and Doug Karakas. Linda makes all the arrangements to call up our Special Friends guests and Mary and Doug do all the behind the scene arrangements for marina, tent, tables, chairs, bait, etc.
Thanks to all and “job well done”.
Channing: Dan Chisholm